Avogel Scar Hydrogel Description:
Avogel Scar Hydrogel is promoted to improve the overall appearance of both old and new scars. Avogel Scar Hydrogel claims that it is a polymer gel which has a high water based content. Avogel Scar Hydrogel does not claim that it contains 100% silicone. Silicone has been shown to reduce the look of scars and acts as a protective moisture barrier. Avogel Scar Hydrogel states that it is non-greasy and odorless. Avogel Scar Hydrogel states that it can be applied to Keloid and hypertrophic scars.
Avogel Scar Hydrogel retails for under $40, but does not state that Buy 2, Get 1 Free specials are offered. Avogel Scar Hydrogel claims that it is doctor recommended and that it can be used on injury, stretch mark, acne, surgery and burn scars. Avogel Scar Hydrogel states that it also helps relieve itching, tenderness and pain of scars. This product is a sheeting type application and may be more visible than a cream or gel that is massaged into the skin. Some individuals may find this uncomfortable for areas that are highly visible, like the face.
Avogel Scar Hydrogel Features:
• Marketed for old and new scars
• Promoted for Keloids and hypertrophic scars
• Retails for $39.99 online
• Hydrogel sheeting application
• Claims it can be used on burn, injury, stretch marks, acne or surgery scars
• Buy 2 get 1 free specials not offered
• Intended to improve overall appearance of scars
Avogel Scar Hydrogel Details:
Size: 8”x8” single pack
Ingredients & Instructions: biocompatible polymer gel which has a high water content
• Wash and dry hands; gently cleanse the scar and surrounding area with mild soap before application. Ensure that the scar and surrounding skin are clean and dry.
• Remove the Avogel sheet from the foil pouch by pulling apart the layers from the top right corners of the foil pouch.
• Unfold the white protective sheet and let it serve as your work area.
• With scissors, trim the Avogel to the size of the scar, allowing at least one inch of the sheet to extend beyond the scar.
• Peel the blue plastic backing off the Avogel. Save the plastic backing for storing Avogel after use.
• Gently press the adhesive side of the Avogel over the scar so it fits firmly over the contours of the scar. Make sure the edges of the Avogel extend one inch beyond the scar border. Netting, gauze, cloth bandages, stretch or pressure garments may be worn over the Avogel to keep it in place.
• Placed the unused portion of the Avogel back into the foil pouch and store it in the re-sealable bag provided. Store it at room temperature.
Avogel Scar Hydrogel Results:
Most patients will view an improvement in the appearance of their scar approximately two weeks after the first application of Avogel. Symptomatic relief may be experienced sooner. The average treatment period is approximately 8 weeks, depending upon the age and size of the scar. For best results, continue using Avogel for four weeks after the scar has reached desirable appearance.
Avogel Scar Hydrogel Conclusion:
Avogel Scar Hydrogel claims that it may begin to offer visible improvement of scars in as little as two weeks. Avogel Scar Hydrogel does not contain 100% silicone and does not claim that Buy 2, Get 1 Free specials are offered. Avogel Scar Hydrogel is marketed for both Keloid and hypertrophic scars. Due to the type of application or material of the product might make it more visible in certain areas like on the face. This may not be a desired look for some individuals. To see other product options that do not require sheeting type application, please see the review grid.